What our Chapter can do for YOU:
- We work with all Arizona Veterans Medical Centers, insisting on the best possible medical care for you.
- Our Service Program mentors veteran clients as well as non veterans and their families in obtaining and protecting benefits and entitlements from the Federal Government and other local agencies.
- Our APVA Hospital Liaison Program inspects and works with all three Veteran Medical Centers in Arizona offering the best care through the Spinal Cord Injury/Dysfunction Clinics.
- We assist veterans with ALS and MS, and other neurological and medical conditions
- Important Fact: 99% of all program funding stays in Arizona, directly benefiting YOU- this is not the case with many other veterans organizations.
- Arizona PVA participates in outreach programs with local schools, organizations and local corporations.
- We synchronize efforts, events, and programs with other agencies throughout the state, enhancing quality of life for those with Spinal Cord Injury/Dysfunction.
- Arizona PVA advocates for architectural structure & building codes compliant with wheelchair access and ADA laws; supporting quality of life and employment for people with disabilities.
- We maintain a library of educational material assisting with the everyday crisis of Spinal Cord Injury/Dysfunction.
- Arizona PVA publishes The Desert Oracle Newsletter; filled with updates and info specific to our member needs. This publication is sent to all members and made available online.
- We offer a Prosthetic Program, accepting usable wheelchairs/equipment for redistribution.
We sponsor annual activities providing opportunity for fellowship and fun. Check out our website regularly to find updates and more info. You don’t have to be a member to attend any of our AZPVA Events!