Add Your Voice to issues that affect YOU….
…and let us help you with our proven services.
We are currently 501 members strong. Each member adds to the strength of voice and advocacy that we give to issues, programs, events, and people that are important to the continued well-being of our veterans and community. Our Arizona Chapter has an impressive record for Veteran Benefit Assistance. Membership is free and so are our services. In addition, check out the 10 ways in which you can directly benefit from our free services. As a member, you will also be provided with:
- Information affecting you on a state and national level.
- Sporting Opportunities.
- Social Events- hanging out with fun people- like us ♥.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Leadership Opportunities.
- Ability to work with a number of community groups and programs.
- A monthly issue of The Desert Oracle, Arizona Chapter’s Newsletter.
Who is eligible to join our Chapter? Any individual who meets the following criteria is eligible to join Paralyzed Veterans of America:
- A citizen of the United States
- A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces whose discharge was other than dishonorable
- An individual who has suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of trauma or disease, which results in paralysis of more than one limb.
- Medical qualifications can be varied and include, ALS, MS, and other neurological conditions.
* Note: The injury or disease onset could have occurred during or after discharge/retirement from military service.
Some examples of qualifying spinal cord diseases are:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Spina bifida
- Spinal stenosis
- Tumors of the spinal cord
The above list is not all-inclusive. Contact us for a complete understanding of medical conditions/requirements.