PVA and Arizona Chapter History
PVA was originally formed in 1946, the Arizona Chapter for Paralyzed Veterans was incorporated in Arizona in 1967. The PVA and its Chapters were chartered by the United States Congress in 1971. This Charter entitles the AZPVA specific rights and responsibilities that we take very seriously and enable us to serve our veterans daily. Read more about the specific ways in which our Arizona Chapter can benefit you. The Arizona Chapter for Paralyzed Veterans is a 501 (c) 3 Non-Profit Organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. We serve US military veterans who endure Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and (SCD) Spinal Cord Disease/Dysfunction.
Speedy, as the man in the flying wheelchair is affectionately called, was drawn by a Paralyzed Veterans of America member back in 1946. Since then, this figure has come to life for PVA and all of the state Chapters, providing a symbol of positive energy, motivation, and a full appreciation of life. We salute Sir Speedy still today!